Innovative problem solvers
Small Growth Companies (SGC)
SGCs are the lifeblood of a dynamic economy ranging in size from Start-Ups
If you plan to build and SGC and successfully create wealth for all its stakeholders, you need good advice about risk management and that means:
- protecting the brand, trade marks and intellectual property
- employment policies and contracts
- appropriate corporate structures and governance.
- terms and conditions of trade.
Social Enterprises and that includes Charities
Fundamental to most people's wellbeing and happiness is the ability to help others who are in some way disadvantaged. Social Enterprises generate revenues for social benefit. Charities generate revenues for public benefit. They are both part of the Social Economy and need entrepreneurial skills and risk management.
A New Approach for SGCs, Social Enterprises and Charities
The Brooke Consultancy is a new kind of law firm offering:
- a multi disciplinary approach
- comprehensive advice
- problem solving
Business in the Round
- Greater than all its parts - the team you get when you use The Brooke Consultancy will maximise your benefits.
- Circle of Experience - your Brooke Consultancy team will draw upon years of experience in choosing and using reliable talented specialists in finance, taxation and other areas.
- Insight - This multi disciplinary approach enables cross fertilisation of ideas and can lead to the dynamic growth of your business.
- Save your Time - You give us the problem and then you can do what you do best running your business. We give you the team and the answers.
- Payment - Hourly rates are rarely appropriate; we fix a fee for properly scoped work and stick to it.
A new type of law firm
The Brooke Consultancy specialises in acting for Small Growth Companies and Social Enterprises from start up to generation of significant revenues:
- Collaborative Working - No need to search out expert opinion from different groups of specialists; the right mix from a single source.
- Bin Hourly Rates - Properly scoped work giving a better fix on what it will cost and what is going to be delivered.
- Fixed Fee - You will be given a fixed fee for the task in hand.
- Meetings - You will not have to contribute to the cost of maintaining a solicitor's office. Meet in more productive surroundings held in the prestigious 8 Club.
- Technology - The ability to make contact at any time creates the feeling of an in house legal service.
- Very Best Practice - The Brooke Consultancy draws on the best legal know how in London where specific research and complex drafting is required, so the best is available to you at all times.
The Multidisciplinary Approach
Independent Financial Advice
Helen Howcroft of Equanimity
We pride our business ethos of putting clients first and speaking in a language that they understand. Many people are scared of their money and have never given a second thought as to their financial goals. We help clients take control of their money by designing a financial plan based on their personal goals, life and ambitions - do they want to run their own business, fund children's education, retire at 50? Being highly qualified, independent financial advice, we have the expertise and know how to help clients plan for the future.
Accountancy and Tax
Kath Parker of Wellers
Wellers are more than number crunchers. They share clients' goals and have a proven track record of more than fifty years working with integrity and trust for Small and Medium sized Enterprises. Wellers add value to a business by offering invaluable advice on accounting and compliance requirements. Wellers breathes new life into the financial implications of sustaining business growth and clients are treated as individuals, not just numbers.
Corporate Finance Accountancy
David Willetts of Reeve Hepburn
David Willetts is a Chartered Accountant with 40 years' experience who has worked in Europe, North America and Asia. David formed Reeve Hepburn in 1988 as a specialist accountancy practice focusing on corporate strategy, capital raising, and financial analysis for problem solving. He has broad sector experience that includes construction, building materials and services, insurance, automotive products, engineering, optical technologies, publishing, renewable energy, urban regeneration and community enterprises.
Naomi Kingsley of London Rebuilding Society
Naomi is the founder and Chief Executive of London Rebuilding Society (LRS) set up in 2000. It is London's foremost, innovative community development finance institution, devising new financial mechanisms for people and organisations unable to access mainstream finance. LRS provides finance for community based organisations that lend on a microcredit basis to their members, investment and support for Social Enterprises and finance for both home improvements and energy efficiency. Naomi and LRS pride themselves on making partnership working easy deploying a range of skills: leadership; motivation; business development; innovation to make fair and affordable finance available.
The process of working together
- 1 The Brooke Consultancy will agree your brief and then assemble a team to provide you with a Report.
- 2 For an agreed fixed fee, you will receive an evaluation and a route map to achieve the business objectives set out in your brief
- 3 Where there are areas of law beyond the scope of The Brooke Consultancy you'll be found the right specialist and the fee, the work and delivery date will all be agreed.
The multidisciplinary approach of working together is a business model that does not preclude you from choosing your own professionals, nor does it inhibit any of us from working or collaborating with other individuals or organisations.Back to top
- Designer's joint venture for shops in China
- Fundraising for Solar Panel and Heat Pump company
- Information Memorandum for luxury bathroom concept
- Working in the sector of junior public markets PLUS and AIM
- Mining, Oil and Gas
- Property Investment Club LLP model
- Regulatory investigations
- Leveraged finance
- Solar Panel installations for financially excluded people
- A unique method of property regeneration for financially excluded owners.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Commercial Agreements, branding and licensing
- Projects that benefit the Social Economy
Corporate Responsibility is an embedded aspect of the Consultancy's business; a royalty of not less than 3% of turnover will be applied for social benefit. Corporate Responsibility has acquired greater significance with the advent of The Big Society and Localism. The Brooke Consultancy has the know how to create Social Enterprises and Social Businesses and appropriate corporate structures that are sustainable and able to generate surplus
revenues to reinvest into their designated social benefit. Corporates are using relatively small donations from their CSR budgets to boost their business. However, a corporate might partner with a smaller charity to produce direct and definable benefits for the Charity and a larger company could create a separate joint venture Social Business. The Brooke Consultancy's corporate and commercial expertise is applicable and transferable to companies in the Social Economy.
And then there's me
I have a wide range of experience in corporate and commercial law. I have dealt with start ups, small growth companies, articles of association containing special provisions, privileges and protections and public companies world wide in the resource sector. I have established non-resident trusts, dealt with mergers and acquisitions, shareholders' agreements, commercial contracts of all types, licences & franchises. I have acted for companies on AIM and Plus markets & now that its open to UK companies I wish to enable them to join the main market by way of a Standard Listing as a viable option to AIM.
I have a special interest in charities and have been a long serving trustee on four relating to learning disabilities. I have taken a prominent interest in the development of the Third Sector, incorporated community interest companies, advised and acted for charities and set up appropriate and sustainable structures in the Social Economy
If you want to know more either:
Email Lynne at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Lynne on: 07866 251 112